1/2 kg prawns, shelled and deviened
2 large onions, finely chopped
3 ripe tomatoes, pureed
1 stem curry leaves
1 tblsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp cummin powder
3 Cloves chopped garlic
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
1 tsp corriander powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 cup water
Making Jhinga Masala:
- Heat oil in a wok add mustard seeds and add the curry leaves
- Now add the onions and saute until golden brown/add ginger garlic paste .
- Add chopped garlic , tumeric powder, chilli powder, corriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder and fry for 3 to 5 mins.
- Now add the tomato puree and add half tsp tamarind paste and pepper powder.
- Saute till the oil gets separated.
- Now add some water and let boil
- Add the prawns now and cook covered untill done
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander
Recipe By Suchita
Tip : Add a pinch of sugar or jaggery to give that sweet sour taste
This recipe is similar to the Parsi Prawns masala
and to make it jhinga prawns remove the Black pepper, tamarind paste
, cummin powder, corriander powder and mustard seeds