Ingredients for Recipe
- · 3 cups diced eggplant
- · 2 cups diced potatoes
- · 1 teaspoon kalonji seeds
- · 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- · ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- · 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- · ½ teaspoon asafoetida
- · 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- · ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- · ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- · 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- · 2 teaspoons vegetable/sunflower oil
- · Salt to taste
Heat appropriate amount of oil in a pan.
Add the kalonji seeds(also known as black seeds Or seeds of the plant Nigella sativa) , tomatoes, ginger, turmeric powder, asafetida, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and sauté until the tomatoes are soft and well cooked.
Add the potatoes and eggplant( also known as brinjals or Aubergine) and mix well.
Add 2 cups of water and salt as required.
Cover with a lid and let it simmer for at latest 25 minutes until the potatoes we well cooked, stirring occasionally.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.